Thank you for stopping by Big Mountain Photography!
(大山摄影 Da Shan Sheying).
We’ve included 15 images with a short narrative of each image in sharing our life experiences from South India, i.e. Chennai (Old Madras). For the first time, I strolled around the inside of Arulmigu Kapaeeswarar Temple as my previous 10+ visits where only along the outer perimeter as always the crowds were too much. I’m glad I stopped in this time.
On G+, FB… please click on the link to my photoblog to view the rest of the story. If you like what you see, feel free to share on the social media of your choice.
Note: Red-colored text is a link for more information, i.e. Wikipedia, YouTube, Map…
Note: You can right-click to open the image in another tab to view in a larger size / resolution, right-click to download if you heart desires… your call.
Photowalk Route – 2.4km
1) Sunrise above the Temple Tank Mylapore. Add a starburst flare with the camera stopped down to f/22 plus as an added feature – red lens flare for free.
2) Inside looking out with an 8mm fisheye lens.
3) Pictures were allowed yet never for any idol in any temple .
4) I’d like to thank this gentleman for sharing the history behind the temple – very interesting. At the end, I asked if I could take his portrait, no problem.
5) Using a film VanDyke Brown look, here is the morning sunrise in Mylapore as seen in the Featured Image.
6) Had an enjoyable conversation with these two gentlemen before I asked to take their portrait.
7) Using the 8mm fisheye again, it appears these five idols are “dancing”.
8) The main entrance of the temple in Fujifilm Acros B&W. A little dodge & burn on the side to guide the fewer from the foreground to the background.
9) Elephant Fun Time – Smile
10) The 8mm fisheye lens is back.
11) The Temple Tower main entrance as seen from the outside, note recently re-painted.
12) Another temple tank sunrise.
13) Looking up the Temple Tower, look at the detail.
14) Temple Portrait in B&W.
15) Looking up at Idols stacked upon each other.
Contact Info – QR Code for WeChat
WeChat QR Code