Throwing Myself Out There
This Wednesday 5/4 I submitted some of my “Faces of Chennai” street portraits (5) on a whim for a blind critique by Kristina Sherk on Scott Kelby’s – “The Grid” set for Thursday 5/5. Scott is better known as Mr. Photoshop with Photoshop World 2016 coming this July to Las Vegas.
Woah Oh Oh Oh – Cool
I got accepted for a critique and was a little nervous to watch yet “feedback is a gift” to embrace – good or bad.
Catch my critique at “1:08:52” towards the end of the video:
– Consider B&W if there’s a color issue which is difficult to correct. (I’ll take the suggestion by Kristina to re-try in PS).
– Checkout Kristina’s re-touching lessons.
– Watch over softening and focus.
– Look to apply “the dodge” in balancing light on a subject’s face.
– Don’t forget to re-touch even if you’re planning a Topaz Impressions effect.
– I didn’t hit a home run but got on base with a walk. Having fun.
To Scott and Kristina – Thank you for your insights and suggestions.
PS. I didn’t catch the fact that a professional “Re-Toucher” such as Kristina could potential critique my images. But on whim, that’s what you do – go for it.